Archive for the ‘Prodrive’ Category

Prodrive confirmed as 12th team

Posted: April 28, 2006 by Neeraj in External, FIA, News, Prodrive

As reported on itv-f1.com

The sport’s governing body issued a list of the 12 successful applicants on Friday morning, confirming that David Richards’ Banbury-based organisation will join the 11 existing F1 teams on the 2008 grid.

The FIA said Prodrive was chosen (by a fax vote of the World Motor Sport Council) because it had “the best combination of financial backing, technical capability and motorsport experience” and because of Richards’ pedigree as a former team principal of Benetton and BAR-Honda.

Related Articles [Internal]

TAGS: . . . . . .

Advertisements

As reported on crash.net

Although it was thought that Prodrive had secured the final slot to enter the sport when the new Concorde Agreement comes into operation in two years time, it now appears that might not be the case.

Indeed Crash.net has learned that the project being headed up by former F1 racer, Jean Alesi and backed by Japanese luxury good company Direxiv, may be in the frame to get the nod this Friday, when the FIA, the sport’s governing body, is due to confirm which team will join the current established eleven in the sport.

A number of the other entries have already been turned down, including Paul Stoddart’s bid to re-enter the sport with Minardi, despite having sold out to Red Bull only at the end of last season.

Well, the roumer mills are working overtime regarding the 12th team. Come friday, the real name will be revealed.

TAGS: . . . . . . .

As reported on reuters

Formula One’s governing body has chosen a 12th team to enter the sport in 2008 with the Prodrive company run by former BAR and Benetton boss David Richards tipped as likely winners.

Richards, contacted by Reuters on Friday, would not confirm or deny increasing speculation that he had secured the slot. “We have heard rumours of letters flying around but we have been told that the formal announcement will come next Friday and we await that with bated breath,” he said.

Related Articles [Internal]

TAGS: . . . . . .

Richards confirms 2008 F1 entry

Posted: March 31, 2006 by Neeraj in External, News, Prodrive, QuickBits

As reported on ITV-F1.com

Former BAR and Benetton boss David Richards has submitted an application to return to Formula 1 in 2008 with his own Prodrive company.

“Formula 1 is still regarded as the pinnacle of motorsport and therefore a natural next step for Prodrive,” he said in a statement.

Well, this just confirmed what we read earlier.

TAGS: . . . .

Prodrive set to announce F1 entry

Posted: March 1, 2006 by Neeraj in External, News, Prodrive, QuickBits

As reported on crash.net

Speculation has been rife since the Autosport International show in January that Prodrive boss David Richards – previously involved with the Benetton and BAR teams – was looking to try and put together a Formula One entry of his own, with the man himself admitting to Crash.net Radio that a return to the F1 paddock was a distinct possibility.

Wow ! Another new entrant next season ? Confirmation will be coming in a day or two. Things are really looking exciting for F1 future.

But does all the current circuits have the capabilities to handle more race teams ?

TAGS: . . . .